Benefits for you and your clients
Setting out all the options for financing litigation, including ATE insurance and third party litigation funding, can help to ease client anxiety over litigation costs, as well as provide a balanced view of the risks and merits of the case.
Which Trust & Probate matters will qualify for Litigation Funding?
- All or most of the claims must be monetary, or supported by an asset readily convertible into cash.
- The claim should have at least 60% prospects of success
- For high value claims the funder may require counsel opinion before making a decision.
- Generally, the cost to damage ratio should be no greater than 1:3. As long as the costs to take the matter to trial are not more than a third of the total claim value, even a relatively small claim can be viable for funding.
- Third party funders are far more likely to fund cases where the claimant is willing to mediate and consider fair settlement offers.